Power Industry Project
As a developing country, Vietnam's economy is continuously expanding production facilities, the electricity industry must also invest accordingly to meet the demand. usage is increasing. Therefore, the number of power sector projects across Vietnam is also constantly increasing.
1.Challenges in the transport of electricity industry
New power project combining construction and highly developed technology, diversified in many fields from oil and gas, hydroelectricity, wind power, solar power, thermal power, garbage power, transmission system, substation … Each transportation and construction project of the power sector has unique challenges and opportunities to increase the efficiency of power conversion and investment efficiency, to reduce the cost of the entire project right from the macro-planning step. machine modeling and modular design.
● The reduction of transportation time thereby saving construction and installation time, faster energizing progress, and higher ROI.
● Old infrastructure (roads, bridges, obstacles such as power lines, etc.), plus changes in macro policy on energy development in Vietnam (draft power plan 8).
● When transporting power projects that need to be synchronized with the supply chain of equipment from various domestic and foreign production sources to the construction site, always comply with safety standards, traffic safety regulations and Environment law.
In many power projects, super-heavy equipment such as turbines and generators are pre-installed containing machine parts inside. New energy technology is often built in hard-to-reach places, which presents its own challenges in transportation.
Photo: Unloading super-heavy wind power cylinders at Hon La port.
For example, in the recent mountain wind power project in Central Vietnam, engineers had to transport 12 of the largest wind turbines in Vietnam, with the propeller being 76,293 meters long, and the cylinder diameter 5,534 meters, within just a short span of time. After 1 month, the route is longer than 227km from Hon La port to the transshipment yard near the construction site, it is still necessary to ensure safety when going through many zigzag slopes, long bridges, wind near the construction site, before the rainy season coming storm.
2. Advantages when PPL is responsible for the project
● PPL has 6 strategic branches spread across Vietnam from the North: Hai Phong, the Central: Ha Tinh, Da Nang and the South in Ho Chi Minh City. Ho Chi Minh City, Dong Nai, Ba Ria - Vung Tau, all have warehouses, ensure safety and transport facilities operate 24/7
● PPL engineers have a lot of experience in the field of super transportation. The super-heavy school should ensure that the project operates effectively from day one.
● Creativity in transportation engineering solutions, combining many specialized equipment, detailed planning, coordinating work between transportation departments (ports, customs, tractors, trailers, ...) Therefore, PPL minimizes risks, costs and construction time for customers.
● PPL has a close partnership with seaport systems along Vietnam.
Regardless of the type of power plant transportation project, if cooperated early on, PPL will help reduce costs and ensure the overall project is safe, complete and on schedule.
Photo: Lowering the super-heavy wind power cylinder onto a trailer at Nam Van Phong port.
With a nationwide network, we provide multimodal transportation, and end-to-end delivery to any location in Vietnam. Whether you need to ship your entire wind farm to your site, or just replace a SKID part for an offshore oil and gas rig, we can do it.
3. PPL is always at the forefront of technology and quality
● PPL always strictly adheres to QHSE standards and has obtained ISO 45001: 2018, ISO 14001: 2015 and ISO 9001: 2015 certificates issued by UKAS.
● Regularly train to improve staff qualifications, increase safety awareness, and apply environmental protection standards. With a dedicated and experienced team, we comprehensively manage the transportation process from survey, planning to completion, both within Vietnam and other countries in Indochina: Laos, Cambodia. .
● PPL's QHSE quality management system ensures that the transportation services we provide are stable and of international quality. PPL's transportation options are not only feasible but also highly cost effective, as they include risk assessment and tailoring to suit the requirements and status of each project.
Photo: Toolbox meeting before the shift to transport the power plant project.
Packages of power plant construction projects are often many, contained in many containers, accompanied by super-heavy equipment such as transformers, hubs, turbines. Most PPLs receive goods, are transported by ship from overseas production sites, at the port and transported to the construction site. On average, each project usually lasts a year due to a variety of socioeconomic, environmental and government agencies involved. In some special cases we can complete the shipment of the wind power plant in an urgent time frame of 1 month, or with a large thermal power plant project that can take up to 4 years. Most of the cases of power projects are required to transport project goods and super-heavy goods.
4. Some typical power projects that we have been implementing in Vietnam are:
● Transporting wind power
● Loading out oil and gas components
● Hydropower: converting kinetic and potential energy of water flows, waterfalls and tides into electricity. Hydraulic turbines convert flow energy into mechanical energy. The generator converts the mechanical energy of the turbine into electricity. The basic components in hydropower project transportation are: hydro turbine and generator.
● Solar energy: When the sun shines on the solar panel, the energy from the sunlight will be absorbed by the PV cells in the panel. This energy creates charges that move in response to the electric field inside the cell, causing an electric current. The main components of a solar farm are solar panels, power cables, power transformers, power storage batteries, and charge controllers.
● Thermal power plant: powered by heat from coal or natural gas, oil, even waste (waste electricity). The furnace heats the steam, generates kinetic energy to rotate the turbine, and drives it to a generator to produce electricity.
● Transport of transformers: Transformers with high rated power and voltage above 123 kV are usually shipped oil-free (tank filled with nitrogen or dry air) and without bushings, storage devices and equipment. cooled. Transformer installed at the substation to change the voltage of high voltage current (when transmitting from the power plant) to normal voltage when reaching the consumer.
Contact Head office:
Long Son, Ky Long, Ky Anh, Ha Tinh, Vietnam
+84 2393 864858 / +84 2393 864859